So it's DeviantART's 15th birthday! It's hard to believe that I've been a part of this site for almost all of those years. It's grown so much since then! I'm feeling the nostalgia as I jump on the questionnaire bandwagon.
I started out on this site a young, naive artist posting random fan art and stock art
. Years later, I find myself working as a freelance artist. My work has grown so much since back then! I'm not sure where this site is headed, but I'm most curious to see where it takes us. Upwards and onwards!
1. How long have you been on DeviantArt?
13 years according to my profile. Wow! I've been hear long enough to remember when the site used to be skinnable. You could download custom colors and everything!
2. What does your username mean?
My current username is just my real name, but those who were here way back in might remember me as Ladydove7. I chose the name based off my first username/online handle because I was a peaceful innocent soul back then and 7 was my lucky number. Can't say it really fits me anymore as a jaded grown up.
3. Describe yourself in three words.
Honest, obsessive, meticulous.
4. Are you left or right handed?
5. What was your first deviation?
Dreaming Butterfly. Aurora was my first deviation!
(BONUS! My Latest Deviation! Ironically still Aurora.
6. What is your favourite type of art to create?
These days, I'm moving away from more decorative art to character-driven work.
7. If you could instantly master a different art style, what would it be?
Surreal painterly. As much as I want to move my work this way, it's still very challenging for me to stop being so meticulous and let my brushstrokes be organic and expressive.
8. What was your first favourite?
This work by one of my high school friends! She was the one who introduced me to Elfwood and DeviantART. Those were the days!
9. What type of art do you tend to favourite the most?
These days I tend to favorite more character-driven painterly stuff.
10. Who is your all-time favourite deviant artist?
I always love seeing what shoomlah
will create next!
11. If you could meet anyone on DeviantArt in person, who would it be?
because it sounds like we would have a lot of fun cackling over Elves and art!
12. How has a fellow deviant impacted your life?
It's so hard to narrow that down! JessicaMDouglas
were great friends I made when I first started out on this site. Through them and random explorations of this site, I met JudithMayr
, and so many other wonderful people and artists who have inspired and motivated me throughout my life.
13. What are your preferred tools to create art?
These days I'm mainly digital, but when not hunched over Photoshop, watercolor and color pencil are my favorite traditional tools of the trade.
14. What is the most inspirational place for you to create art?
The library! Shame I don't go as often anymore, but back in college, I could spend hours in there researching and sketching.
15. What is your favourite DeviantArt memory?
That time jademacalla
drove out for DragonCon and documented his road trip online! There was pie, lectures on cross-dressing, a giant dinner with so many of the artists I mentioned in #12, and chaotic cosplay madness! Such an epic DragonCon!
My Most Favorited Deviation:
My Latest Favourite:
My Daily Deviations: